Friday, July 22, 2005

Jumat Pagi - Playing Chess















Actually, tonight I don't really feel like blogging. I feel tired and not in the mood to do almost anything. I don't know whether it's because I played at least 5 games of chess today (each game took at least 30 minutes) or because I just watched "The Cider House Rules" (which is quite heart-warming and actually really good) or I don't know, maybe I feel like this just because the caffeine start to wear off. Nevertheless, I am writing one right now. I guess I just don't want to skip on my new hobby. It doesn't really matter anyway.

Nothing really special happened today, I don't really read book today, except some chapters from the book that I mentioned yesterday (Don't Sweat small stuff ...). Yeah, I didn't really have the time to read because I played chess the whole day, playing against my roomate and my other buddy. I lose on at least half of the games, but I had fun (it's fun to think), and that's what really matters right? It wasn't an official tournament, so who really cares about winning? hehehe ... I know that sometimes it feels good to win the game. I just say those things because I think it will miss the original purpose (which is having-fun) if I have to feel bad when I don't win the game. Don't you think so? So, right before I started the game, I tried to remind my self that winning is important, but enjoying the game is the main reason I play this game, so if I had to feel bad about not-winning the game, I rather not playing at all. Yeah .. something like that, hehehe. I actually haven't been playing chess for long (just bought the thing two days ago), I played occasionally when I was still in elementary school, but that doesn't count rite?

Oh yeah, about the film: "The Cider House Rules". It was really good, I really enjoyed it. It's the kind of movie that touch your heart, makes your eyes wet, but not too depressing, not too dramatic, nor too sad. It just makes your heart warm; makes you feel good about life. The story is basically about a guy names Homer who was raised in orphanage. It's deeper than it seems. It also brings some deeper issues like abortion, the purpose of law (that was made by outsider), complexity of love (devotion&norm), and some more.

You know, if you're the kind of guy who enjoy Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, or Finding Neverland, you will love this one too. Talking about good movie, I guess next-time I'm going to make a list of the best movies that I've watched.

I guess that's it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home